We are currently not accepting applications for student intern positions.
Full Time | Comprehensive Benefits Package | Competitive Salary
Posted: October 18, 2023
Are you excited about the impact that design can have on enriching our communities? If you are interested in shaping the scientific, collegiate, technological and civic landscape of Pittsburgh and beyond, we invite you to apply for this position.
About the Position
R3A is seeking a passionate, driven, technologically savvy Architectural Designer who thrives in a dynamic and creative firm environment, with an opportunity for growth into a leadership position.
Role and Responsibilities
You are a highly detailed architectural designer who works best in a culture of interdisciplinary collaboration. You will actively participate in all aspects of a project including design conceptualization, visualization, programming, architectural and interior design, research, design/document production, construction administration, collaboration with the project manager and the interior design team, coordination with industry partners, owners, consultants and contractors through all phases of design and delivery. You will also be exposed to the business side of our profession with an opportunity to participate in business development and marketing efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture (minimum)
- On AXP (Architectural Experience Program) and Licensure track.
- 4 – 7 years Architecture experience with an architectural/interior design firm.
- Good Technical and Document production and coordination skills, with eagerness to learn more.
- Familiar with building codes and agency approval processes.
- Knowledgeable about the properties, constructability and aesthetic qualities of building materials, systems and assemblies.
- Good Design sensibilities, planning and graphic skills
- Highly organized.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think critically or conceptually about the built environment.
- Confident, engaging, proactive and collaborative
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Sketchup, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign and other design software
- Interest in sustainable design strategies and LEED AP or WELL AP certification is a plus
About R3A Architecture
We are a progressive architectural firm, located on the historic South Side in the vibrant East Carson Street district, with a specialty in Higher Education/Science & Technology/Smart Workplace/Civic & Community Design. You will be part of a stimulating work environment with regular opportunities to enrich your knowledge base. We offer a hybrid and flexible workplace and studio environment driven by research, continuous learning and professional development, as well as opportunities for growth and career advancement, and encourage initiative and original thinking.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Are values that we subscribe to as a firm and that is reflected in our work culture, environment and attitudes towards one another as well as in the way we treat each other, our working dynamics with our staff, clients or other industry partners. R3A is a small business with an entrepreneurial spirit. Our team includes a diverse mix of employees representing equity of gender, race and orientation. We are committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunity to all qualified persons; to prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitively benchmarked salary and comprehensive benefits depending on experience.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Package for employee with additional child/family coverage options
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Generous paid holidays and paid time off (PTO)
- Flexible hybrid work schedule
- 401k profit sharing retirement plan
- Free parking
- Professional development program that emphasizes continual growth
- Company paid professional organization membership
How to Apply
If this sounds interesting to you, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your email, please list the following: Your Name and Position being applied for. In your cover letter, please indicate which project on our website you found most intriguing and why.
Failure to follow the above instructions may result in disqualification from consideration for the position.